- Sun 18 November 2018
- What to do at the QVB
When you think of Sydney, the first thing that usually comes to mind is the Sydney Opera House. Grandiose as it may be, we believe the Queen Victoria Building deserves as much attention. Built on 1898, 61 years before the Opera House, the QVB is more than just your typical mall. Located on an entire block circled by Druitt, George, Market, and York street – right on the city’s central business district – this Romanesque Revival/art-deco building currently houses over 150 boutiques, mostly luxury brands, and over 20 cafes and restaurants.
Its history is undeniable even though the building has undergone through several renovations and even periods of decay. On top of that, it has served several other purposes before becoming an arcade mall, including a market, local government offices, and city libraries.
Its architecture is a testimony of how the classic Sydney craftsmanship can be transformed into a world-class structure that looks gorgeous in all angles. Its most prominent feature is its glass domes. The biggest one being a central dome located right at the centre. A common misconception about this is that it’s just one huge dome but in fact, it is actually two domes in one – a stained glass dome which is seen from the inside of the building and a copper one which is what people see from outside. In addition, there are also 20 smaller domes of various sizes adorning the building’s rooftop. The QVB also has several beautifully-stained glass windows which let natural light in, adding to the majestic feel of the arcade – none of that sterile fluorescent lighting. Lastly, look for the Royal Clock at the upper level of the mall and catch scenes of the English royal history through mechanical animation, including a comical depiction of the execution of King Charles I. These scenes run every hour, six times during the day.
To know more about the exhaustive history of this building, there are guided tours for $15 that runs every Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. Visit the Queen Victoria Building with the intention of either shopping and dining or just to admire this amazing work of art. But one thing is for sure, this architecturally rich structure will turn your other neighbourhood malls into a mediocre piece of box.
The Queen Victoria building is such a delight during the Christmas season. With events and grand decorations adorning the area, you are bound to get into the Christmas spirit right from stepping into its doors. If you are in the area, perhaps for the Sydney Tower or Weasley Conference Centre then I recommend using a car parking facility such as the one found here to park your car for the duration. Particularly during the holiday season while the area is busy, the car parking inspectors will be working even harder to issue those pesky tickets, so it's best to play it safe and reduce stress by organising your parking in advance.
For your bourgeoisie fix, the QVB has set up its Swarovski Christmas Tree adorned with 100,000 crystals and 65,000 twinkling lights. This stretches up to three floors with its heights reaching the central dome. This is the city’s tallest, and probably grandest, Christmas tree.
In addition, it also currently it houses the World’s Most Expensive Advent Calendar. Made by Mondial, this calendar costs about $4,000,000 AU. From December 1 until Christmas day, the QVB will reveal a new treasure every day so if you are a jewellery fan, make sure to be present when they open up one of the calendar’s doors.
To cap it all off, the mall will also have a constant parade of Christmas carollers running from the end of November until Christmas Eve. From children’s choirs, quartets, and acapella groups, sit back and listen to heavenly voices fill up the halls of QVB.
- Mon 17 October 2016
- Hiring the right SEO company
If you have figured out that you need to hire an SEO company (Search Engine Optimisation) to help your firm with its various online marketing requirements - then you’re headed in the right direction. It is important to hire a specialist to help you navigate the tools and tricks that your firm needs to place it in an easily accessible position on the internet. This gives a tremendous boost where visibility of your firm is concerned. However, once you begin looking for such a service you will realise soon enough that there are too many SEO services in Melbourne for you to make the decision of choosing a capable service is concerned. Here are some tips to help you distinguish a good service from an average one.
- Plan ahead - By this we mean that you should have a clear idea of what your firm needs from the SEO company that you will eventually hire. Would you like them to handle an ongoing SEO requirement or just a one-time service? Would you like them to look at handling content? Do you plan on building on sales or leads over a fixed time period? All of these questions need to be answered by you before you begin looking at hiring a company that can help you with this. Once you have figured out the job that is at hand, you can then start talking to the shortlist of SEO services you have regarding the exact services that they can provide.
- Do some window shopping - Before you decide on the company that you want to hire; it is always advisable to consult with some other firms as well. Usually, SEO services in Melbourne offer free consultations to potential clients. This means that you can talk to the team of several companies, have them look over your goals with SEO and come up with a plan. This will ensure that you don’t enter a contract with one company based on blind judgement. Unless you are completely floored by the first company you talk to, it is always a good idea to do some window shopping for the right one.
- Review previous case studies - This is another reason why it is a good idea to talk to several companies before fixing on one. This will give them a chance to prove to you that they have handled clients like you before and have a proven track record of success. It's always a good idea to ask the companies to showcase their previous clients’ success records, especially the ones which follow a similar business model as yours. Nothing screams dependability as loud as previous work experience and success in the same industry.
- Talk Talk Talk - It is important to remember that you are the client and are looking for their services. This means that the SEO company should have the time to dedicate as many consultations and meetings as you need to be convinced of their potential. If you think about it, you wouldn’t simply hire someone to your firm without talking to them a few times first. Similarly, there is no reason to hire an SEO company based simply on their website or their past portfolio of clients. They should be open to talking to you and discussing their experiences and plans.
- Fri 14 October 2016
- Top 3 types of home builders
There are three types of home builders. It is necessary to understand the similarities and differences between them. They are custom builders, track builders, and spec builders. Understanding them will help you to know the type of builder you need for your project. Below are the differences between them, understanding each of them would surely help you greatly:
Custom Home Builders
These are small-volume builders. Their services include general contracting services, offer design and so on. They are experts in building luxury features both in your home and offices such as larger doors, taller ceiling height, and room sizes. Custom house builders can make big changes like custom rooms, constructing garage, custom rooms and building a house that truly fit your specifications or lifestyle. A custom home can be small, medium or very large depending on the specification, your taste, and land. People think all custom homes are big or elaborate mansions. However, both your small house and a large estate can be regarded as custom homes. Overall, it is the duty of the home builder or architect to ensure your house is customized to your taste, and to make it different from other houses in your area. Thus, they offer all the necessary features, size, desires for amenities, style and creative touches. A custom house is built with a unique set of plan for a particular client.
Tract home builders
This is also known as production home builders. They are builders or developers who own a large hectares or tract of land. Oftentimes, these lands are divided into smaller units for low-cost houses or model homes to be built on. A tract builder already has a model design that he will like to implement on these lots. They are large-volume builders, and they are experts in building all kinds of home designs such as condominiums, town houses, single-family houses and lots more. If the demands of their properties are high, they will also be coming up with quality buildings to keep up with the demand. Usually, houses like these are built with price-points- this to a great extent affect the quality. The following are obvious areas where they may save some money; paint grades, framing components, carpet grade, appliances, hardware cabinets etc. These homes are comparatively inexpensive. That is why; they are not suitable for short-term investment.
Spec Home Builders
These are builders that buy a plot of land, build on it and then resell the house. The aim of the builder is to maximise profits. The builders speculate that they will make a lot of money by building a custom or semi-custom house. If they find out that they won’t make much money from it, they will never engage in the business. However, they usually make lots of money, because lands appreciate almost on a daily basis. The house could be sold during construction. In this case, the home-buyer will be able to choose suitable finishes. This type of homes is considerably moderate in size, not always big. Sometimes, the home is small or medium-sized with styles and custom features. A spec home could be a decorated, luxury or large mansion. Also, if a builder is constructing a new house with the sole purpose of reselling it, then it is regarded as a spec home.
- Wed 12 October 2016
- What Should You Ask Your Plastic Surgeon Before An Operation?
Your choice to go underneath the knife and change the look and feel of your body is without doubt something that shouldn't be taken lightly. After all the self confidence problems and the possible humiliation that could result in relation to the operation that could potentially go wrong, it makes it even more challenging when deciding on which cosmetic surgeon you'll want to use for your operation. You'll find lots of questions that you should ask the surgeon before the operation, and the surgeons response should give you some assurances as to the safety of the cosmetic procedure that you are enquiring about.
What questions should you ask?
Here is the question that is most critical, and one that you should always start with. And that is to ask the surgeon if they have done any botched jobs in the area of surgery that you are considering. It's insufficient for the surgeon to say, for example, that he/she has done many liposuction operations successful. They should also tell you about the ones that were not so successful. When enquiring about liposuction Melbourne on the net make sure that the clinic has been around for some time. The last thing that you want to do is go with a clinic that has only started business and has not yet proven themselves.
Being aware of everything you would like to have performed in the operation is crucial, but it will also heavily depend on what the surgeon is able to explain to you about the procedure. Make sure that you are 100% certain that the doctor can deliver what it is that you are after. If not, then it is advisable to find one that is.
Is the cosmetic operation safe?
Whether you go in for a face lift, breast augmentation, liposuction or labiaplasty there's obviously the chance of infection, bleeding or bruising as well as desensitisation to the area. Ensure that you are aware of the risks ahead of the operation - ensuring the cosmetic surgeon is completely upfront about the risks that it may pose. This is especially the case with labiaplasty operations, as since the surgery is in such a sensitive place you must feel comfortable with knowing what is involved. There are many well known labiaplasty Melbourne clinics that specialise in this type
After I've had the surgery, what are the results?
This thought about postoperative care leads to another anxiety: after the process was finished, what to anticipate with the finished result? All processes possess a healing interval as the swelling subsides as well as the bruising that may appear. And on some rare occasions the operation may actually never fully heal to the state that it should. This might seem frightening, but it is a legitimate concern that patients need to be aware of prior to undergoing the operation.
- Mon 10 October 2016
- Finding the Most Reliable Venue Hire Company
Venue hire is a kind of business that supports you with the needs of certain space event. They will be very useful for you when you need nice place for wedding party, school events, or many other events that invites many people on it. However, not all venue rental is reliable. A few of them are not. It has proven by some negative testimonial from people who used them previously. In this article, you will learn how to recognize the most reliable venue hire in your location.
Ask Your Friends and Relatives First
Once you need to find out the right venue, as some people close to you. They may have already got some experiences to deal with venue hire business around the city. Without taking a lot of time, you will be able to find out the recommendation. This way, you will be able to find out the direct testimonial right from the user. If it does not satisfy you, you can ask for some other people. Finally, you have many references to go with.
Searching for Their Website
Professional venue hire usually has its website. It is their primary need to bait the new renters. Over there, you will be able to get some valuable information. In this case, you must pay attention more to the facilities given, price range, and also contact person. Once you have done your browsing, it is good for you to visit the place to get a clear image of where the place located. Most importantly, make sure you have clarified that the facilities offered on the website is the same with the physical venues.
Understanding the Average Price Range
Unreliable venue hire company may use extremely low price displayed on their web. In this case, most of the new renters fall in trap. In order to avoid that, you must understand the average price range. After that, you will easily recognize the suspicious venue hire that you have to prevent. Sometimes, if it is legitimate venue with the extremely low price, there will be hidden fees that are not displayed. You definitely need to ask them for details. Otherwise, you are in charge of paying something you don’t know.
Contact The Function Venue Manager
If it is not easy for you to contact the venue manager on their work hours, it seems like that venue hire is not serious doing their job. In this case, you will be able to eliminate your choices and move to another venue business. This function venues Melbourne provider will be happy to show you their large selection of conference venues. In case the venue manager can’t answer your call because he is busy, then it should not take longer than 24 hours for them to call you back. At this rate, you can ensure yourself that the manager is seriously responsible.
Ask Them How Long They Have Run The Business
Most likely, venue hire with more experiences will give you better service. Or you can say, more reliable. Ask them how long the venue business have served the society. In this case, you only need to ask them if it seems like a new one for you. Otherwise, it does not need for you to ask the venue business which has already gain popularity by years. It is both wasting time and presenting the negative perspective for the venue manager.
- Thu 06 October 2016
- Benefits And Drawbacks Of Using Video Production To Promote Your Business
There are various video sharing websites that allow people to easily upload and host their videos online. The hosting websites are easy to use provides easy access and good connection speeds. The popular websites with video sharing features include YouTube, Facebook, Daily Motion, Live Leak, Vubu, Viewster and u stream and more. The fact that the websites are popular makes them ideal and trusted places where more visitors are likely to visit.
Benefits of using video production
- A video production service is customized and enhanced for video hosting, have better video processing power, great bandwidths and more video production features that makes them fast, reliable and accessible irrespective of the amount of traffic. This is not possible on one's website or may require a huge investment in terms of servers and bandwidth cost.
- Supports different formats and one does not have to do conversions which may affect the quality of the video.
- The popularity of the websites allows the videos to be shared and accessible to millions of viewers.
- No technical knowledge is needed in order to make it possible.
- The large exposure of the videos can help to promote a business or have the message reach a larger audience as opposed to using own website which might not be known by many people
- There are no hosting charges basing it to have no cost. This may include sites such as the popular YouTube.
- Sharing socially of the links promotes a greater audience
- High quality baklinks to your website will promote your website, increase traffic and business.
Disadvantages of video production
There are however some disadvantages of hosting your videos on the video sharing websites and especially the free ones.
- Advertisements appear alongside your video and you have not control of what advert that comes. If you are lucky, an advert related to your video subject may appear, the only problem is if it is coming from a competing product. On the other hand, the ad may be totally unrelated to the video and may cause a disconnect to the viewer and the product you are promoting or make the whole view unprofessional.
- One may lose visitors or customers to competing or almost similar content and videos..
- Comments made may have a negative impact.
- Embedding of videos on other people’s websites is easy and is disadvantageous as they may pose as their own doings. Open embedding is quite unfortunate to originality.
Video production platforms are a necessity, some of the features of the video sharing websites include:
- YouTube which is the most popular with over one billion unique visitors per month. It offers control over channel page creation and has no restriction for own site’s embedding. However it promotes negative comments and has lots of advertisements.
- Met café has about 40 million users and can detect duplicate videos reducing the positioning of original content. There are advertisements and competing videos which might lead to fewer visitors to your video.
- Daily motion is a content video site that keeps a loyal group of visitors by having selective videos that are restricted. However there is a risk of e videos deletion.
- Vimeo enables hosting on one’s own site; its popularity is diverse due to its many creative features and high quality videos.